About This Project
MICROS is a leading developer of award-winning retail software solutions that offer cross-channel functionality to retailers and direct marketers – small and large – seeking to optimize transactions from all points of service. Named to the second spot, among the top twenty retail solution providers by RIS News, Micros-Retail offers best-of-breed solutions that include point-of-sale and store management, eCommerce platforms, order management, loss prevention, sales audit, gift card and loyalty, CRM, merchandising, cross-channel offerings, and more.
MICROS was looking for an experienced and reliable partner with the right resources to help its clients implement their eOne Commerce solution rapidly and cost effectively. These projects varied in size and complexity and included some world class sites such as Broan-Nu Tone, Hello Direct, Isabella, Eureka, Lord & Taylor and Vermont Country Store to name a few.
Edgilent’s e-commerce team worked closely with MICROS and their clients to analyze, design, develop and support these high volume and popular sites. Edgilent resources helped develop an overall approach and detailed project plan to accomplish a set of aggressive business and technical goals. Edgilent worked as an extension of the MICROS team and performed the following activities:
- Integration of eCommerce sites with back-end systems such as Order Management and ERP
- Development of interfaces for various payment gateways such as Authorize.Net, ACH, Paymentech, PayPal & BillMeLater
- Development of advanced category and item filters
- Enablement of Web 2.0 features like blogging, web communities etc
- Development of product review features such as Power Reviews, BazaarVoice etc
- Sales tax calculation using Certitax, Avalara, Vertex etc
- Real time shipping methods and charges from FedEx, UPS, Canada Post etc
- Search engine integration (Lucene, SOLR etc)
- Localization and internationalization including FiftyOne from Borderfree
- Implementation of imaging services like Scene7 and Fluid
Using the services of Edgilent, MICROS has implemented over 22 successful eCommerce sites on time and in budget. Both firms are working on more joint implementations using new and strategic service delivery models.
Headquartered in Schaumburg, Illinois, Edgilent is an information technology service provider whose mission is to provide technology services that drive business value. Our core competencies include application development, e-commerce, pos, data management, analytics and cloud migration services.
For more information, call 847-221-8160.
Edgilent 2030 E. Algonquin Road – Suite 409, Schaumburg, IL 60173